Thursday, January 7, 2010

year end roundup part II: illustration.

Alrighty dighty, I know the end of the year is at an end but I had some shits come up so I wasn't able to get this all together in time. Do you really care? I should hope not. More to come soon...by more I mean end-of-year stuff...yeah.


This was an assignment from an illustration class I took last semester, the assignment was to illustrate seven birds: owl, flamingo, cardinal, penguin, ostrich, blue bird, and woodpecker. I created a series of 2-d cutouts with acrylic paint and mounted them in a 3-d set. The photographs didn't turn out quite as well as the actual set, but meh.
This was actually very similar to another project I did two years ago.



The following illustrations were from an assignment that was a series of 15 illustrations all done at 4x4". They were in sets of three, with five different types of media. Each one had to illustrate a single word that we were given.

PAINT!

"venus fly trap."


"kiwi."


"wrist watch."


PEN n' INK

"surgeon."


"astronaut."


"bear."


CUT CONSTRUCTION PAPER(one of these has been omitted from the series for SUCKING)

"stop light."


"owl."


COLOR'D PENCIL

"peach tree."


"milk."


"eel."


COLLAGE/cut out magazine images (TWO of these have been omitted for SUCKING/this method is hard/looks like shit)

"moped."

No comments:

Post a Comment