Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The Matters of Grey: character dizzign

So I have embarked on a three month long journey that shall be filled with misery, tears, and possibly, my death. For my senior thesis in printmaking i am writing and drawing a comic book...done entirely in etching. I have been working on this project for about four months now and been slowly fleshing the beast out, think Dr. Frankenstein, or in this case Dr. Francelenstein! That doesn't really make sense. oh well.
ANYWAY, just thought I would start putting up some of the sketches and character designs and such just to have a record of it and so YOU, yes YOU good people at home can follow along on the adventure and laugh at my torture and eventual failure. but yeah, this is a design for a robot that appears in the story, I was really trying NOT to do the same damn robot I always do so I was pretty happy that I don't hate this (yet). I also was trying to avoid having a robot in the narrative at all but the story called for it! It beckoned with (oh yes i'm gunna say it) ROBOTIC ARMS! okay.

1 comment:

  1. you.are.insane. Good luck with this
    I considered doing a comic entirely out of lino prints but then I realised it would send me slowly insane, so I can only imagine you will be in a strait jacket by the end of this.
    Or absolutely famous
    either way, the chicks will dig it

    :D

    ReplyDelete