Friday, April 22, 2011

Earth Day. Fuck it.

All right I don't really have a particular problem with Earth Day itself, but it falls under the umbrella of "stupid fucking made up days of recognizing some bullshit". Seriously, I really really hate these days of memory/recognition/not-even-a-fucking-real-holiday days. WHAT THE FUCK? WHy does everything have to have a day? It's not even like your goddamn birthday (which I could giving a flying fuck about anyway) which is subjective, they are always national or god-forbid WORLD-WIDE?! days of recognition.

World Hemophilia Day was April 17th. HEMO-FUCKING-PHILIA!....DAY! Christ in heaven. Days of awareness are total bullshit. I don't care what your goddamn problem is, whether I am aware of it or not. I only care about my problems and I don't expect you to care about my problems any more than I care about yours. JESUS. Like starving people/rape victims/SLAVES/people dying need to be aware of hemophiliacs? Fuck a day where you should care about a particular issue more than another. And holidays are bullshit anyway. My argument is getting lost in my rambling because I find it so hard to fathom why any of this makes any goddamn sense that I can't form a coherent thought.

In Ancient Rome they had a shit-ton of holidays, made up days just TO FUCK OFF AND NOT CARE, which seems to be the antithesis of what we do in Modern America where we have made up days where we are SUPPOSED TO CARE. The other way round seems to make a hell of a lot more sense to me. I don't know. I may revisit this later and make it more articulate; but thinking about it now is just making me angry. SO ANYWAY,

FUCK EARTHDAY. As far as the Earth is concerned, every fucking day is earth day, just like everyday for me is Nick Day and everyday for Hemophiliacs is Hemophilia day.

No comments:

Post a Comment